No products in the cart.
Water Color Book A4 (@j_chevalet)
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
₹380.00 exc. of taxes
Number of pages: 20 leaves/40 sides
Composition: 100% cotton.
Paper Quality: 270 GSM
Frequently Bought Together
₹380.00 exc. of taxes
₹394.07 exc. of taxes
₹450.00 exc. of taxes
₹300.00 exc. of taxes
- This item: Water Color Book A4 (@j_chevalet)(₹380.00 exc. of taxes)
- Artistic Water color -set of 18 colors-9ml Tubes Camel(₹394.07 exc. of taxes)
- Camlin Synthetic Gold Flat brushes-67 series(₹450.00 exc. of taxes)
- Camlin Synthetic Gold Round brushes-66 series(₹300.00 exc. of taxes)
Watercolor Painting Paper
Watercolors contain water and paint pigments. The technique for the watercolor painting to come out perfect is– the water should be adequately absorbed, and pigments should stay on the paper. For this technique, we require a special paper. This particular paper is thick and specially made to consume the right amount of water. This paper is called watercolor paper.
Benefits of using watercolor paper:
- This paper will not warp or pucker, hence giving out the best painting results.
- It is thick and will not come off when you use water.
- The paper for watercolor painting is acid-free and 100% cotton. So it will not turn yellow or become brittle or fall apart, with time.
- The nature of this unique paper is made in such a way to absorb more water and keep color pigments on paper. The regular paper doesn’t do both.
- It isn’t very easy to control on regular paper while it can also tear apart. The paper for watercolor painting is hard and allows you to try different techniques, including layering, blending, and lifting techniques.
- It gives you the freedom to paint without fear of getting your artwork damaged or wasting paper.
8 essential things to look for while deciding a paper for watercolor painting:
- Material- 100% cotton
- Quality- Artists’ quality
- Nature- Acid-free
- Weight- 0.35 grams (270 gsm)
- Texture- Cold-pressed
- Color- White/off-white
- Type- Loose/spiral-binding
- Characteristics- Perfect for 3-4 washes; You can work on both sides
It would be best to note some facts before buying the paper:
Can ‘pilling’ occur in this paper?
No, it is the best quality paper to avoid problems like pilling, warping, buckling, etc.
Can I use technical pens along with watercolors?
Yes. You can use micron pens, technical pens, brush pens on watercolor paper.
How long can watercolor paintings last when drawn on this paper?
The watercolor paper is 100% cotton and acid-free. So your paintings will stay as it is for years when appropriately kept.
Which side of the paper to use?
You can paint on both sides of the paper without any problem.
Can I experiment with all kinds of watercolor techniques on this paper?
Yes, all types of watercolor techniques work on the paper. However, sometimes, lifting colors can be a problem. For that, you can use a higher gsm paper available with us.
What is a cold-pressed paper?
The cold-pressed paper has a medium absorbency. The texture is somewhere between smooth and rough. It is suitable for lifting techniques and corrections and works best for detailed work. You can experience the vibrancy of colors and explore all painting consistencies (diluted and undiluted). This paper is suitable for beginners as well as professional artists.
Let us see what Swapna have to say about the watercolor paper:
Ayush has a watercolor paper that is best suited for wet on wet landscapes. It is a beautiful Indian paper with excellent workability. Watercolors look vibrant and elegant on the paper. I enjoy it thoroughly.
Watercolor papers are specially made paper for watercolor painting, and they live up to their name. Shipping your order soon.